The Purpose of The Journey with Christ
Journey With Christ is for the development of youth who:
- Wish to gain a fuller understanding of God’s love,
- Wish to strengthen their relationship with Christ,
- May have unanswered questions about what it means to be a Christian,
- Understand that being a child of God, or a Christian, involves responsibility;
- And are open to dedicating their everyday lives to God.
Statement of Faith
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father. Through Him all things were made. For us and for our salvation He came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit He became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man. For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He suffered death and was buried. On the third day He rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and His kingdom will have no end. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one holy Christian and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.
With this as the foundation of our faith, we proclaim:
- We believe in the inspired Word of God, as our authority of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Trinity. One God manifested in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God is our Father, Creator and Sustainer of life. Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He is the only way to the Father because of His unique birth, life, death, resurrection, and ascension. The Holy Spirit is equally God whose ministry is to convict, indwell and empower every Christian.
- We believe man (Genesis 5:1-2) was created in God’s image, but through Adam’s fall, we inherit a sin nature. Personal salvation is attained only through the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior. Discipleship, growth, and accountability in Christ are necessary for every believer.
- We believe that God’s prevenient, justifying, and sanctifying grace which draws us into divine relationship, must be claimed as an act of faith, and is perfected through the power of the Holy Spirit. Baptism and Communion are the outward and visible signs of this inward and spiritual grace.
- We believe in the local church. We believe that the local church is Christ’s witness to the world. We support the local church by nurturing and encouraging dedicated Christian leaders by promoting unity, inspiration, and fellowship with Christ.